Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Just a Quicky Update

It is too hot to do anything but sit in the shade and enjoy the breeze in the park.  We managed to get some of the stuff in storage sorted out.  I let go of some stuff I had been holding onto just because it was cheaper to keep than to replace, but who needs a worn out vacuum cleaner and wobbly ironing board at this point?

Let's hope that the El Nino effect does not mean having to BBQ for Christmas this year, because I need cold weather to clean out the rest of the storage unit and get that mess pared down to essentials.

My dolls have been in hellish heat in the unit and I check them every few weeks.  No discoloration.  I did have to sadly break down and toss all their precious boxes, though.  But in the long run (and with the mice infestation in the next unit gotten rid of?) they are better off in the big plastic bins.  I have never come into contact with a serious mouse problem.  Man those little b**tard stink!

We have been no where near all the fires so far. They have been all on the other side of the mountain range or in another valley so far.  This last one nearly got a gas station though.


6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you aren't anywhere near the fires--and yes, mice DO stink! I hate those little things! I have this feeling it will be a warm winter--we will probably get a pile of snow here since we have gotten a tremendous amount of rain; but at least in LA that might mean temps in the 60's :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it gets cool enough soon for me to start sorting out that storage unit. I have some vague ideas of what I can live without now, but oh, how it stings!

      Delete
  2. yup, plastic bins. good for wet too- but! under the handle there are usually air holes to plug up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fortunately these don't seem to have any but the one I have clothing in does and I had to plug them with that epoxy putty. Works pretty good!

      Delete
  3. Skello here. Glad to hear you're alright. Keep updating when you can to let us know you're alive, and if you need help, ask. Also, can I just add that Tama's antics are always fun to read. You have such a great way of describing what goes on in his curious little mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! The heat gave us a 2 day break, so we are sane for now. Tama is actually getting a little lighter in his dark fur areas because his markings are related to body temp. Fur. Lots and Lots of fur. We have to vac the truck out once a week. Remember the conversation we had on shedding, LOL!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! ^_^
Sometimes Blogger doesn't let me reply to comments on my own blog, but I will try to get back to you!