Friday, July 15, 2016

Library Computers Not So Convenient: Dirndle Progress

Okay, sanity restored.  After fighting with the Library computer for an hour yesterday I thought, DUH!  Power Point!   It was driving me mad because let's face it, the doll business runs on photos, and I am not a very good photographer.  I have no aptitude for the fiddly bits of photography.

After months and having been in the back of the truck, in some pretty horrendous heat,
not only has she not changed color, but her craft foam padded joints still work!  I made
her a little finger brace with some tin from a (gasp!) pecan pie plate. >.>;; 
It could all do with an iron but yeah, too lazy to heat up the sauce pot and iron it.
That trick I learned ages ago when I had a job interview and the iron died.  I
grabbed a frying pan with a smooth bottom and ironed my skirt!  Nailed the job.
So what she needs now is the traditional necklace, some socks (burried in storage) a shawl, and the little black hat with the flowers on it.  I have some thoughts on tatting rather than crocheting a shawl, it's one of the things I have been trying to learn, but the shuttle I have is too big for my fingers to deal with or something.  I am going to try needle tatting instead, because I have the long needles from soft toy making.

Hubby has to take a lot of credit for this, since he is the one learning to do the designs on the computer program to put in the machine.  Here is the background work again for this thing.  All I had to do was learn to precisely line up the pattern and change thread or back up and re-thread when the thread broke for what ever reason.  So yeah, once we get a laptop again, and hopefully the program works in what ever system, or we can get a partitioned hard drive with windows 8 still, we will be able to continue to work on his learning to do the designs.  I seriously hope the program works still because it is an amazing program and people put a lot of work into it, just to be side lined by MicroSoft.  

So for now, Arita is in the storage unit in a plastic case.  We are slowly getting the last of the work done on the truck to bring it up to the "okay we can trust it to go longer distances shape" and then will be able to invest in some way of running the business again.  We are both healthier now, getting out and away from what ever the heck was making us so miserable in that apartment.  Tama has gotten to the point where he will go for short trots on his leash, but he is still only at ease at night, when that big scary open thing is not up there.  I would like to get him up to a jog.  

At some point, when it cools down out here, and things stop bursting into flames, I need to get the storage unit organized better.  Every time I open the door, it's like OMG do we really have all this stuff? O_o 


2 comments:

  1. It came out SO NICE!! The trim is gorgeous, and all the tiny details are so pretty--I love that it is all to scale <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hubby had to learn that what looks huge on screen is going to be tiny on the doll, and he had to keep down sizing and down sizing until he got it right. I am looking forward to the Georgian insanity!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! ^_^
Sometimes Blogger doesn't let me reply to comments on my own blog, but I will try to get back to you!