Sunday, January 4, 2015

UFO Sewing: Un-Finished Objects

UFOs in the sewing realm are un-finished projects that have been cut out, begun sewing, and then forgotten for what ever reason.  Life interferes, thread runs out, sewing machine has to go to the shop, something doesn't fit right, pattern pieces get lost, the due date for a present ran past, things like that.

I spent some time cleaning up drawers today and dug out all my BJD un-finished objects as part of the January Clean Up.  (Nope, no where near all my own closet's UFO!)


Missing is a stack of SD, one size fits most, cotton print shirt dresses for the Etsy shop, but that's the hubby's therapy cutting project.  He's working on pinning and cutting to learn how to use his left hand again to at least hold things. And this isn't even counting ziplocked baggies of fabric, patterns and notes for what the fabric is for!

Top row, from right to left;

Green geometric on blue: Beach shorts and top for Ciel, and I think, Jiji has a blouse in there as well.
Pale pink: blouse for Jiji
Light blue splatter geo on blue: A summer dress and shrug for Jiji
The head I plan to paint caramel to match the SID body Fishcake gifted me.
White on light blue; Shirt for my big guys.
White on smokey blue: Shirt for big guys
White on Burgundy: shirt for big guys
Tabaco: Slacks for big guys
Umberella print: Shirt for big guys

Bottom row from right to left;

Beige print: Top for Jiji
Denim: skirt and jacket for Jiji
Leopard on Pale pink and pink satin: Suit for SD girl for Etsy shop.
Pile o'black: Gakuran for Ciel (I wish I could find the buttons they use in China and Korea for doll gakurans!)
Denim: Jacket for Toshi.

So now these are all in one of my plastic sewing area drawers, and I'll see how many of them I can get finished in the coming year.  The plan is to pull one out and finish it in my (haha!) spare time.  Most of them are tried already patterns that I've made before and will go together in a few hours, IF I JUST sit down and work on them on a Sunday, or commit to sewing them all by hand and take them with me to appointments.  I lose more time in appointments.  Hours and HOURS of time, if I don't take anything, but if I DO take something with me, we get called on before I can even get my project out of the bag. *twitch*

I really want to get my doll head on the body before the end of the year.  I have that can of MSC to try again and eyelashes and everything, just no really inspiration to sit and paint.  I haven't even put make up on my own face more than 2 times in the past year. Now that I think about it. O_o

A bit of an update on the Printer problem fix: It's still working! The expiration date for the cartridge has come and gone and it's still printing.  It still tries to argue with me, but if I have my document ready to print and keep the printer turned off until the last minute, the over ride works right past that annoying little "this is a bad cartridge" notice.  However, sometimes I have to pat the excess ink off the printer heads on the cart when I haven't used it for a day or two before it will print cleanly.  Just pat the cartridge gently on a fold of tissue or paper towel and put it back in the printer.  It's worked for me quite nicely.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! ^_^
Sometimes Blogger doesn't let me reply to comments on my own blog, but I will try to get back to you!