Thursday, December 18, 2014

Apartment Therapy's January Cure

Okay so we live in this little flat, maybe about 14 ft by 40 ft, sort of a modified shot gun shack rectangle thing.  We have a living room on one end and a bedroom on the other, with the kitchen and bath and ONE closet taking up space between.  We jammed a 3 bedroom 2 bath apartment in to this and it's been slowly de-junki-fying ever since.

I give up!  I'm signing up for the January Cure on Apartment Therapy.  Every day you get a task, small, do-able, and you do it.  I did print out the 30 days to an apartment that 'cleans itself' task list when we moved in, but that didn't last long.  So I'm going to try again this January to turn this place into a HOME, rather than a live in storage space.

I'm seriously hooked on Apartment Therapy.  First of all, it's got a whole section on living in small spaces, some way too small, but inspiring.  Up until now my only assistance in adjusting was a photo book on Tokyo apartments (omg the cramming!)  The tours are great for seeing what can be done with the oddest spaces.  Haven't you always wanted to just nose around in stranger's homes? LOL!  anyway, I've not got so mad yet as to rainbow organize my books, but I am starting to develop a tolerance for Ikea.  I just need to find the perfect way to store and organize my dolls.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! ^_^
Sometimes Blogger doesn't let me reply to comments on my own blog, but I will try to get back to you!