Saturday, September 6, 2014

TMI? Maybe.

Okay so yesterday, total mess.  I had to run in four different directions and one of them being my thyroid sonogram appointment I could NOT miss yet again.  Locked the keys in the garage after putting the car back in and snapping on the padlock (thank goodness that WAS where they were, on the seat, or we would have had to pay $150 to replace the mail box key >.<;; ) and had to wait hours to get the padlock ( a very damned good one!) cut off just in time to go to my own appointment for the thyroid.  This was not a happy day all around.  Every time I'm that close to getting back to 'normal' and on track and on schedule  things like this happen.  The hypothyroid makes me feel absolutely stupid and and so embarrassed by all the stupid mistakes I would not have normally made.  I mean, imagine thinking everything is alright and going well, only to find out that you've totally f-d up without realizing it at the time.  Filled up the sugar container with dish soap, put the baby in the washing machine type stuff.  (no babies were harmed in the making of this example).

Anyway, the end is in sight.  But I'm sort of scared crap-less right now.  They say you shouldn't look in the medical stuff online because half the time you'll end up having cancer, pregnant or crazy.  I always get a disk of what ever they do, because if you have all your records, things go smoother with doctor visits, and the disks from things like sonograms have the program to open them in them.  Though they do hide things when they give you one. I waited half an hour for mine while they scrubbed it of incriminating notes.

THIS is sort of what's got me worried.  I've removed my personal info in paint shop, and you can see the full size in another window but otherwise this is one of the scary things on the scan disk.  The tech marked out this, which is mostly the whole of my right side. Not the left side.  So it wasn't just "here the thing is", no this is specifically something.  O_o  In the cross the whole throat photos, my right is like twice the size of my left and while it doesn't show from the outside, it feels like someone is constantly pressing their fingers into my throat, especially when my heart rate is up from stress.  Any doctors out there with an off the cuff thought on this?


 And with all the symptoms going on, I can't help thinking, if they take just part of the thyroid, then it's going to be working with/against any medication they give me.  So many hypothyroid patients have complained about the constant changing levels with a partially functioning/not functioning thyroid.  So maybe they would be doing me a favor if they just removed the whole thing and gave me the standard medication.  I don't want to spend the rest of my life going up and down at the mercy of having to change medication all the time with a half a thyroid messing things up intermittently, because that is exactly where I am right now, a messed up thyroid and NO medication.  And how much of a fight will getting rid of the whole thing be, given the problems I've already had with a GP doctor who thinks this is all 'early onset menopause' and 'depression'.  *eye roll*

Anyway, I have some button holes to fight with on the Norfolk Suit order and I really want to get that photographed and packed up today. I hope the sewing machine behaves.  I need new bobbins again. It takes plastic ones and they do wear out over time on the edges, and that causes a hell of a lot of problems you wouldn't think a little thing like that would.  Mostly thread tension and thread spinning off the bobbin and out of the slot in the case, and then it all goes to hell and causes what one of my floor bosses used to call a 'dead bug' that has to be cut off with an exacto knife.  And I'm sitting there using the exacto and thinking, omg, they'll be using something like this on my THROAT again.  ARGH!  Well, maybe in time for Halloween, I can be a zombie or a Frankenstein or something with all the staples on my throat, but given how long it takes to get a surgery set up, probably not in the next month, that's for certain. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi! Hey, I hope things will get better for you soon :-). I wish you strength and a definite solution (I have - unexplained so far - chronic symptoms myself, and sometimes I'm very frustrated!). If it's any help: my auntie has had her thyroid removed many years ago, she's 86 now and still has an amazing health. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to really hunt up my symptoms, googling and looking through blogs and forums. The lack of sleep is useful sometimes, like it or not. >.<;; Try that Stop the Madness site for all those darned hypothyroid symptoms and see if your are on that. They also tell you what to ask to have tested.
      We'll see what happens soon enough. But until they say it isn't cancer, I'm a bit wobbly. Nothing has shown up in my blood work, though.

      Delete
  2. Yes, I hope they do the right thing for you--at least it's something that has been studied a lot so they can be informed when they offer you solutions. Just be good to yourself in the meantime! It's been a tough year+ so cut yourself a lot of slack and allow yourself to be messy. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the good thoughts coming my way!
      Actually tomorrow I'm going to cut myself some serious slack and clean the blasted house! LOL! Good thing there are really only four rooms. O_o
      I can't do anything about the garden until the heat is off. Today was murder. We still have the AC on at 8 pm.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! ^_^
Sometimes Blogger doesn't let me reply to comments on my own blog, but I will try to get back to you!