Saturday, April 19, 2014

Commission: A Black Suit and White Shirt For Aernath's Zenith

One Basic Black Suit and white shirt for the Soul Doll Zenith.
Paid in Full, on the work table for late May 2014.

Swiped from Vogue Patterns V8890 because I are a lousy artist. 
June 3, 2014

I checked the Zenith pattern pieces, and started cutting out today. The white shirt is in progress.

June 6, 2014

Everything is cut out.  I'll post photos when things aren't all in little pieces.  ^_^

June 12, 2014

The little pieces are now looking like garments being sewn together, but it's all in need of ironing and more pinning. >.<;;  progress is being made, though!

June 28, 2014

I'm ready for the pockets.  *head desk*  My goal is shipping next week.  I've been swamped with everything BUT sewing time lately.

July 3, 2014

Still ready for the pockets. >.<;;  OMG, what a week.  Anyway, it's getting there.  I anticipate shipping Monday July 7, 2014.

July 7, 2014

Things do not go as planned.  As it stands, sleeves pinned in shirt, jacket half done, pants half done.  We simply had a bad weekend and today was a case of recovering from the stress.  I'm still plugging away at it and will not mess up as I did last time.

July 14, 2014

I keep thinking I'm going to get this done and then things come up.  The blasted pattern has been altered twice for the zenith's big hand (12 cm) and still I have this idea I should double check it for the measure it after sewing and it's got to be altered again.  Fortunately I caught it this time.
As it stands:
Shirt, needs buttons.
Pants, needs waist band, snaps and hem (all the hand sewing bits)
Jacket, lining sewn in and buttons and holes.
It should be done and ready to ship tomorrow.

July 17, 2014

It's packed up and ready to ship but I didn't get to the post office with the new physical therapy place (exhaustion).  Why do black suits never photo well? O_o  I changed from looking down to off side for the jacket, and it worked okay.  This is why I blog projects, I'll look up next time how I did that and here it will be. ^_^  It will go out tomorrow with another package I'm finishing up tonight.  We're going to road trial the repaired wheel chair in the morning when it's reasonably cool here.





Looking back a the last suit's photos, I think I got the breast pocket a bit high on the last suit I made.  If you want to ship it back with the next order, I'll re-possition it.  It's a top stitched part so it would be a quick fix, but I don't think I allowed for the broader shoulders of the doll when I positioned it.  

3 comments:

  1. That's going to be some fine tailoring! I'll look forward to seeing it on Aernath's boy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think she'd mind if I shared:
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/aernath/13857005505/

      Delete
    2. I was so tired last night I forgot to put that's the suit I made for her Supia guy. ^_^

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! ^_^
Sometimes Blogger doesn't let me reply to comments on my own blog, but I will try to get back to you!