Thursday, January 30, 2014

Focusing on the Good News from Now on.

The hubby has gained 3/4 of an inch voluntary movement in his left hand in the 3 weeks he's been home.  Literally 1/4 an inch a week seems to be the standard.  He can move his left foot toes about the same amount.  He says it still feels like permanent pins and needles, though.  And he still has that one muscle that's just locked up in his leg.  But he's adjusting very well and despite taking paint off all the too small doorways in this place, we're adapting.  His speech is now completely clear, but he still gets very, very tired easily.  He's not showing any of the signs they warned about such as inability to control his emotions or temper or any of that.

He saved me two hours of fussing today by editing the update photos for the customer's report posts.  Granted, the photos were not that great because I took them, I was dead tired, and the light in that room sucks after sunset for some reason, no matter how much light I turn on and aim at the table top.

I've been putting more and more time into the sewing despite all the stupid things that come up, like forgetting that for his blood/cholesterol tests he was supposed to fast for 12 hours and having to go back again tomorrow. >.>;;  They want his blood sugar low I suppose. I thought fasting was for scans and electronic things, not for blood tests.  As we adjust more and get the doctor stuff over with, things will move along faster.  I just need to get more rest and after the move (we're still dead set on that one bedroom) and I don't have to lift so much heavy stuff, I'll be able to handle more of the fine work without the exhaustion shakes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! ^_^
Sometimes Blogger doesn't let me reply to comments on my own blog, but I will try to get back to you!