Monday, January 20, 2014

Etsy Commission: Detective Greatcoat for JR of Quire's RSDoll

Commission paid in full, to be finished before the end of February if not sooner.
All fabric in stock, all measurements in hand.  I'll pattern as soon as I have some of the current work cleared from the work table.

Post bumped up for organization.





Jan 20, 2014

The pattern I made for Kyou (in the photo) is actually very close to JR's RSDoll boy and only needs a bit of alteration, so I'm going to be altering and laying out the pattern on the fabrics tomorrow.

Jan 30, 2014

Finally, an update! Found time to start actually sewing in bits and pieces this week.


March 8, 2014

I'm still struggling with the appointments and things but life seems to have settled down. I was hoping to have this in the mail today but then we had all the government foul ups and trauma and I lost hours out of the week dealing with them and the aftermath they left.  I'm aiming for March 14 Friday shipping now, come heck or high water.  (and considering we're in a drought, I might be asking for it...)   

March 14, 2014 

GRRR.  Okay Monday the 17th.  No excuses, just poo happened all week same as always. 

March 16, 2014  

Now I know what's been dragging me down and making me tired since we sat in the doctor's office Thursday.  I have the flu. >.<;;  More delays.  This is really frustrating.  Cross posting on everyone's update report, but for this one, I have sleeves to put on and pockets and lining and that's that.  It's more than half done.  

March 17, 2014

Photo update finally.  I'm still not used to the lighting in the new flat.  Fortunately the camera is doing much better now.  Perhaps my lighting before was too direct.  I'm up to the putting in sleeves point, and then the pockets go on. I was hoping to finish today but until I see the doctor tomorrow, I'm going with 'it's the flu'.  Either that or I've died and someone's turned me into a zombie.


March 20, 2014 

I'm down to the buttons and holes this evening, thanks to the insurance/medical group what ever managing my husband's suddenly denying everything (wheel chair and physical therapy) and 2 hours on the phone with a sore throat telling every one very politely what assholes they are. 12 buttons, five holes (one of them red) and it's done! 

March 21, 2014  Finished!  

And like the flu attacked brain dead person I am, I forgot that I had wanted to photograph the coat until I had peeled and stuck down the strip thing on the package at the post office. >.<;;  Still, I feel that it met my usual standard of work for this coat, and hope the customer will be happy with it!   It should be there in a little over a week, priority mail.  


4 comments:

  1. Thank you, Raj, this looks fab. I'm settling in for future updates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! And if your post gets bumped up it still should be the same url but if it doesn't show sometime, let me know. Occasionally I get a totally blank page when I check my own blog and panic, but it comes back after a little while. Blogger has given me too many heart failures for me to fall for it's tricks any more.

      Delete
  2. Brilliant! Sorry, I only just found this. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And then it took me forever to comment back because I've been in the middle of moving. ^_^

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! ^_^
Sometimes Blogger doesn't let me reply to comments on my own blog, but I will try to get back to you!