Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Commission: Volks SD Girl Traditional Basic and Princess Hanbok Part 2

Part 3 is here.

Post moved up to keep better track of it. ^_^

Continuing the Hanbok Project because the other post is loaded up to beyond saving any more.

Images from http://www.sonjjang-hanbok.com





Jan 30, 2013

Dreadful photos.  The white is not yellow.  The lighting is just awful and I gave up.  The main problem I'm having right now is being too over tired to trust myself with the delicate fabric.  I only work on this project on days when I'm feeling competent.  The pantaloons (as I keep forgetting the Korean names. >.<;;) are being french seamed.  The slip tops are ready to go.  The straps for the skirts are sewn but not turned right side out, yet.  The skirt pieces are all cut.  The jeogori are being slowly assembled, but I'm at the 'putting the trim on the sleeves and that very precise strip of white on the necklines that makes a perfect V when the tops are tied point'.  I'll focus on the simple parts first; the skirts, slips and pantaloons.



Seriously, how does a camera do this? O_o 
March 8, 2014

I am blocking out the last two weeks of March for this project now that the government has done giving us much of a runaround as they can over health care and so forth.  Once I have completed this project to satisfaction, I will take the next order, but I don't feel right about stacking orders on unfinished projects and making the customer deal with my stressing out.


March 16, 2014  

Now I know what's been dragging me down and making me tired since we sat in the doctor's office Thursday.  I have the flu. >.<;;  More delays.  This is really frustrating.   I'm trying to clear the other orders to focus on this one still.  

April 27, 2014 

After soaking in olive oil and cotton gloves every night, my hands seem to be as okay as they are going to get, no rougher than usual, so I'm back to work on this project.  

May 6, 2014

I'm running so late tonight.  The under pants are done.  I'm about to put the hem on the slips.  Then I'll work on the detailed sleeves of the jeogori. I'm putting in a few hours a day along with other projects so more progress will be seen now that I'm confident working with the silk again.  Before it would have been like trying to have it sewn by a bear.  

May 7, 2014  

I was hoping to get the hem done today but the usual happened.  I'm beginning to think it never ends when you submit to the over-lordship of insurance and doctors.  Progress photos finally!  Hastily taken on the ironing board.  I need to finish the shoulder seams, put on snaps, and mark and stitch the hems.  I'm making the hems 1/2 inch shorter than the outer skirt.  


It occured to me today that when I layer the colors on the sleeves for the jeogori, I'll need to under line the very thin silk so they don't mix like water colors.  

May 25, 2014

This project is still in progress, the slips are done, and I'll be focusing more on this and getting it done in June.  I'm rather hoping that the new doctor gives me the right meds for my thyroid and I get over this dead to the world thing I'm going through, but I'm working a little each day while keeping up with the other orders.  Thank you for your patience.  

June 3, 2014

Now that the slips are finished and I'm certain of the shoulder placements, I've assembled the skirt shoulder straps and cut out the skirt panels for the first layer, along with the white trim strips.  The inner layer of the skirt, I've decided not to cut into panels.  I've had some trepidation over the many different ways of assembling hanbok skirts that I could find, and I've finally just given up and combined all of them. O_o  Very shaky cell phone update photo.  I'm silly excited to be able to work with the fabric again and not mess it up.  Everything is cutting smoothly and not snagging on my fingers like spider webs. I'm saving the jeogori for last because they have the most intricate work on them and the pieces are like wisps of smoke.  I'm hoping that the applique floral fabric won't appear to weigh them down, but the medallions on the real size ones seem to be fairly bulky as well, and probably keep the longer princess jeogori under control.  I just realized I still need to cut the skirt tie strings. 


June 6, 2014

The garments the customer sent me had the most amazing thing I'd ever seen; piped french seams. French seams already require some double back thinking, and it's easy to get turned around and have to pick things out, but this was really neat once I did a few tests.  It's still exacting to get the piping just so,   but here is one of the first to show off a bit.  


June 12, 2014 

The pink skirt pieces are together, ready to be gathered to the shoulder part, the purple is in progress, but I ran out of thread and it's heck to match that blue/purple, it's too blue for purples and too purple for blues! LOL *head desk*.  I'm going to use a very close color for the internal seams and the small spool I did find for the hand sewing that might show on the outside.  

June 20, 2014

Work is progressing despite the rest of the insanity right now, and I've got the skirt pieces all assembled, now to get them into the shoulder pieces. 

August 14, 2014

The skirt pieces are ready to gather to the bodice part.  Sloppy photo at the end of a very long day. >.<  I'll sew them to the shoulder strap parts, then measure and hem them.  I'm still determining the best way to handle the embroidery.  The silk is very sheer, gosamer.  I think the best way to do this is to paint, then embroider.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! ^_^
Sometimes Blogger doesn't let me reply to comments on my own blog, but I will try to get back to you!