Sunday, January 19, 2014

Commission: 2 more Dragon Doll Uncle Yukata sets for Fishcake

Fishcake was so happy with my work, she commissioned two three more yukata sets. ^_^
Deposit paid, fabric to be supplied by the customer. To be completed as soon as I can get to it.

Paid in full, post bumped up for organization sake.  Fabric recieved! ^_^

Photo courtesy of Fishcake

Jan 22, 2014

Actually, despite Fishcake's warning, the black fabric is rather fun.  Some poly is awful and you can sand wood with it, but this is the soft, slinky knit kind that works well on dolls.  For some reason there is a time of day when no matter how I adjust the camera, the thing only takes dark photos in my sewing room.  Despite 3 sources of lighting aimed at the table.


Jan 26, 2014

I managed to get all three yukata cut out this evening but I'm still thinking about the Obi.  

Jan 30, 2014

Progressing along, but no photos this time.  I'm going to take the bits that need hand sewing with me to Casa Colina tomorrow.  People are starting to stare at me when I sit and sew like I'm some sort of bizarre entertainment.  Look at me, I'm a reality show.  Will I prick my finger?  Sew something to my own clothing? Oh the tension!  LOL! 

March 5, 2014

Back on the work table with this project, finally!  I still haven't decided on the ties yet. I may just cave and go with self fabric ties.  The black fabric is, as warned, a nuisance, but when it's good, it's very good.  

March 8, 2014

I was attempting to get this finished by Friday but phone calls happened and more gov nonsense and here I am, still working on it!  Well, it's going to be done by Monday and that's all there is to it.  

March 10, 2014

Mailed the package out today.  For the Obi on this set, I went with the same fabric, but reversed the black knit fabric for more of a contrast.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! ^_^
Sometimes Blogger doesn't let me reply to comments on my own blog, but I will try to get back to you!