Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Commision: Aernath's Supia Doll Sherlock Lounge Set

Post bumped up, project now on the work table, late. >.<;;

The Sherlock lounge set, one silk robe, cotton t-shirt and cotton striped pj bottoms.  To be completed with in the next 4-6 weeks.  (<-- not...) 

Note: after this set, I am out of both fabrics MonkeyGraph was kind enough to sell me the remainder of.  

Image From Sherlockology
Previous bjd outfit as shown in MonkeyGraph's post.


October 9, 2013

Slotted this in with all my other patterning projects for October so I can be ready to bust it out in November.  ^_^

November 13, 2013

Finally, it's on the work table.

November 22, 2013

I expect to be done tomorrow, Saturday, but not early enough for the post.  It's been another one of those weeks.  I need to double check everything for length before hemming and finishing.  If I tried to make the mail tomorrow, I wouldn't have time to wash everything and press and photo before packing.  Everything will go out Monday morning with tracking because it's that time of year.  I think the people at the post office are already losing their minds.  They all had those OMG frozen on smiles last two times I went in, and even tried to sell me a passport, LOL!

November 24, 2013  Finished!

I'll be mailing out the package tomorrow (with tracking this time of year. O_o)   This is only the second time I've used the t-shirt pattern and it's really facile, I'm glad to be able to use it.  I popped it over the head of my fat headed Barry, wig and all and it went like a charm.  And the opening looks very unobtrusive to me.  I can't stand t-shirts that open up all the way down the back.  It goes on just like a real one with the head opening thing being the only difference from 'people' t-shirts.  The front pockets on the pj bottoms work.


The fabric for the robe was a squeeze, so I had to piece the belt (the stripes have to run horizontal like the original) but it shouldn't be too noticeable.  Because the Supia boys have large hand spreads, I wrapped the pocket over the side seam to keep the position in proportion. 


And that's that.  Once again, I'm looking forward to seeing Aernath's doll photos, and I hope she is pleased with the work.  ^_^  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! ^_^
Sometimes Blogger doesn't let me reply to comments on my own blog, but I will try to get back to you!