Sunday, May 5, 2013

Obsessing Over the Sweater Knitting

I was using this 2 ply fingering weight yarn doubled up to make the collar and cuffs of my own sweater and finished the knitting on that yesterday.  So now I'm hoping what's left is enough for either a full sweater or a v-neck vest for my doll.  I'm using all the information I learned and blogged links to here, to resize my 1950s SD pattern for the thinner yarn and size 1 needles.  So far, so good.  I'll write up the new version and keep both, then down size it for MSD, and I'm working out the boy patterns for my SD Lati guy and big 72 cm Uncles later.

I have all these notes for the Butterick project and the muslin is still in the sewing basket on the machine table, but this is eating my brain!  This is a nice caramel brown stuff, and I want to embroider it with autumn leaves in red, orange and pale green with gold metallic outlines.  Then make a big one for myself!  I'll have to take it with me to match the color.  Too bad it doesn't show up on screen as pretty as it is in reality. Even the oatmeal sweater isn't the right color in this photo.


May 13, 2013 update on the project.  I had just exactly enough of the yarn to make the entire sweater and sew it together.  The pattern works beautifully for size 2 yarn!  I need to test it and adjust it for size 1 (sock or fingering yarn) now.  The next step will be using this pattern to make variations of sweaters from the 40s and 50s.  

June 14, 2013 
I'll be finishing putting together the caramel sweater soon. I just want to redo the pattern instructions before I do the embroidery on it.  And then my doll needs an outfit to go with the sweater!  And brown shoes.  I'm thinking a 1950's blouse with a cute collar, a plaid pencil skirt, ankle socks and attempting some brown suede cloth loafers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! ^_^
Sometimes Blogger doesn't let me reply to comments on my own blog, but I will try to get back to you!