Saturday, April 20, 2013

Anthea's Face Up

I had it done a few days ago, and really didn't like it the next morning, so I wiped it and redid it.  I think it's much better this time.






I used the "Make-Up & Beauty Vintage Style Guide" from GlamourDaze.com for the 1940s for her face up.  This is a collection of the books and good deal, with original magazine articles from the time periods on skin and health care as well as 'getting the look'.

Buy it! 

Once again, far too many photos of the same doll because I wanted to see how she 'worked' in different lighting and at different angles.

I carved down the upper lip and philtrum of the Only Doll YiFeng and I think his reassignment surgery went pretty well.  They don't show how far that upper lip stuck out in the company photos.  I also did a tiny bit of rhinoplasty as well, just to take a bit off the end and make 'her' more human looking than anime.  Only Doll does lovely resin, nice and thick and solid, I don't get that omg it's going to pop like an egg feeling with this doll head.  The resin is tough enough to take recarving without feeling like you're going to accidentally gouge right through it. I'm sure they don't appreciate my re-arranging their sculpt but if it weren't for Only Doll's YiFeng sculpt, I wouldn't have ever had Anthea looking just exactly the way I wanted her to.

All the photos but the first one here were taken in natural light.  I got the light brown wig and grey blue eyes because it seems like that combination would go with just about any color I wanted to dress her in and after playing around with my fabric swatches, I'm pretty happy with it.  I'm just having a hard time styling her faux mohair.  It's a Kemper Wig, with wefts, not a fake fur, and I like how it looks, but there has got to be a way to style it without losing the curl.  I suppose I'll just have to try the water trick, since I don't want to load it up with chemicals. While her resin is a bit paler than the Dragon Doll yellow body she's on, it just looks like she's got face powder on, so that's alright.

I'm really looking forward to going nuts with the 1940's and 1950's styles I've got planned for her.

This is under fluorescent with a flash.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! ^_^
Sometimes Blogger doesn't let me reply to comments on my own blog, but I will try to get back to you!