Saturday, April 20, 2013

1950s Day Dress

I had this fabric I fell in love with in the Fat Quarter Remnant bin at some store, I think it was Walmart of all places (yes we have barely any fabric stores where I am, so I'm stuck with them!) and found two, but it was one piece of darker print than the other, so I wouldn't pass it along to anyone. But still, I really wanted to make this dress and the fade difference doesn't show any where near as much in reality as it does in the photos.  And it's fabulous for what I wanted to do with it.  (a fat quarter is one quarter of a yard of quilting fabric, 18 by 22 inches).





As a pattern test, this worked out pretty good.  I used my pattern for retro style pull over dresses and widened the skirt, then turned the gathers into pleats. I just need to make a real crinoline for her wardrobe now, because she's wearing the white summer dress under it as a slip. I'm so glad her new white pumps showed up today.  It's been what, 4 years now, I've been looking for a pair?  And I had to take the fru-fru off these to they're a bit damaged, but I like the white soles and heels on them.  The pockets are fake, because actually putting her hands in her pockets would drag the whole skirt down.  


Argh! her slip is showing!  
Now to start making all the vintage 40's and 50's patterns I've had my eye on for her. ^_^ 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! ^_^
Sometimes Blogger doesn't let me reply to comments on my own blog, but I will try to get back to you!