Friday, February 22, 2013

My YiFeng Doll Head Shipped Today and Cosplay Ramblings

Mint on Card received it Wednesday, and shipped my Only Doll YiFeng head to me today, so I'm thinking Wednesday or Thursday it will be here?  I seriously hope it fits Jiji's body.

So many projects planned for this year and it's already nearly the end of February!  I want to get started on more Etsy custom choice listing for a series of popular outfit types. Then there's the 1920/30's wardrobe for Kiki (who's ears I'm still trying to paint!) and tons of 1940's and 40's outfits for Jiji (and her alternative head), along with all the suits and coats and things for the 72 cm slim Uncle guys.  I've got cosplay outfits backlogged for them as well; more Vassalord (Barry's pin stripe suit and fur trimmed cape), Kuroshitsuji (so much work to do!) and Tiger & Bunny.

I've decided Jiji would make a neat Blue Rose, she's already swiped a blond wig for Karina's 'civilian' look and I really like her 1960s ethnic mod outfit.  Which is weird because the show is set in a sort of sci-fi alternative 1970s.  Hence the tragedy of the poly-chromatic polyester suits prevalent in that anime.

tiger and bunny Blue rose Karina Lyle


I've been looking for an excuse to buy some of that 'cuddle suede' and her little faux lamb lined suede midi jacket is the perfect reason.  (EXPENSIVE!) so there will be plenty of left over to make something for one or two guys with.  Odd though, I could have sworn her boots were the lace up moc-boots from the 1970's but maybe I was seeing things. I don't usually spend too much time looking at girls in anime.  *big cheezy grin here*.  
I think what I like most is the color combination of this outfit, vanilla, strawberry and milk chocolate.

Kass at I'm Catching Butterflies does this marvelous fashion series called 'get the look' where she shows how to make outfits based on gorgeous desserts, and I can't help thinking Karina's creator has the same ideas.  Check out I'm Catching Butterflies under the tags 'get the look: msd' and 'get the look: sd' for some darling inspirations.  Ms. Kass is brilliant.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! ^_^
Sometimes Blogger doesn't let me reply to comments on my own blog, but I will try to get back to you!