Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The Army Surplus Coat

With December over, and the holidays out of the way, the big coat project is up and running again.  Barry is modeling today, because he's the boy with the muscles.  The basic pattern is for 72 cm tall Uncle and Slim dolls (not Iplehouse, though).  I used a fabric that was a bit thicker than it seemed, probably the holiday distractions, I  may have to make the button holes by hand.  I'm also working on a matching cap pattern.  I haven't decided on what color buttons yet.  Technically they should be half ball metal ones, but that's a dream. 

So, here it is, Day One of 2013, test fitting the garment in progress, basting stitches, pins and all.

Dragon Doll LE Zilong BJD


The safety pin is to remind me which way the vent overlaps, because the lining isn't sewn in back there yet. 

Dragon Doll Inc. went a bit nuts with the ankles for these 2nd and 3rd generation bodies, and it looks like he's got tight pants and socks on, instead of just socks.  I'd sand them down, but there's a reason the company went with that work around and I think I'll just leave well enough alone.  He'll just have to live with his fat ankles.   



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! ^_^
Sometimes Blogger doesn't let me reply to comments on my own blog, but I will try to get back to you!